The Livestock Data for Decisions Project (LD4D) has a website (www.livestockdata.org) (“LD4D website”) administered by the Centre for Supporting Evidence Based Interventions in Livestock (“SEBI-Livestock”) at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh (the “University”).
The University is a charitable body registered in Scotland under registration number SC005336, incorporated under the Universities (Scotland) Acts and having its main administrative offices at Old College, South Bridge Edinburgh, EH8 9YL, UK.
When processing your information we use one of the following bases:
We may process your information under the legal basis that it is in our legitimate business interests to ensure effective communication with you in order to keep you up to date with news and progress about LD4D and let you know about events, opportunities and other services of interest to you; or
We may process your information under the legal basis of contract, whereby the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. (Booking forms typically fall into this category when you supply information because you want to attend an LD4D event).
To Whom Does This Privacy Statement Apply?
This privacy statement applies to all individuals who visit the LD4D website, or who contact us with respect to LD4D by post, telephone, e-mail or other means (including other electronic means), or who have a contract in place with the University for matters relating to LD4D (however please note that separate terms and conditions may also be applicable here).
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data or information about you which we have grouped together follows:
- “Identity Data” such as first name, last name, social media username (in particular LinkedIn or email+ information) or similar identifier, passport details, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- “Contact Data” such as home or work address, email address and telephone numbers.
- “Financial Data” such as includes bank account details.
- “Technical Data” such internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
- “Profile Data” such as your username and password, your interests and preferences.
- “Usage Data” such as how you use the LD4D website.
- “Marketing and Communications Data” such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any “special categories of personal data” about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
· Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Profile Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, via social media or otherwise. You may give us your Usage Data by using livestockdata.org. This includes personal data you provide when you:
o contact us through our website;
o request marketing to be sent to you;
o give us some feedback.
· Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our livestockdata.org, we may automatically collect Technical and/or Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies, including for example Google Analytics.
How Will We Use Your Personal Data?
We will use your information to :
- Keep you up to date with news and progress about LD4D and livestockdata.org, and communicate with you about events, opportunities and other services of interest to you;
- Ensure that content from the livestockdata.org website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Book travel and / or accommodation for you with respect to any LD4D workshops or visits to the University;
- Reimburse you for any agreed costs or fees;
- Administer, support, improve and develop the livestockdata.org website; and
- Analyse usage information we collect during your visit to the livestockdata.org website in order to improve user experience.
Information about our website
Livestockdata.org may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
When you leave the livestockdata.org website or click on links that lead to external websites we are unable to control what cookies are set in any way. You will need to set your cookie preferences for those sites as well.
Sharing your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the section headed “How Will We Use Your Personal Data?”
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Any relevant regulatory authority or law enforcement agency, including HM Revenue & Customs, Trading Standards, Advertising Standards Authority, courts or tribunals who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third party service providers, such as travel agents, airlines, hotels and or travel companies.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with applicable law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
SEBI-Livestock does not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area except with regard to:
- Your personal data which is processed and held by an external company which manages newsletter contacts and distribute email newsletters; and
- Service providers, such as hotels and or airlines which require your personal data for the purposes of booking.
SEBI-Livestock remains responsible for the information and will ensure it is kept securely.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We do not use profiling or automated decision-making processes.
If you have any questions, please contact SEBI Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy statement is continued at: edin.ac/privacy